Sunday, July 18, 2010

Building the Shed (week 1&2)

During the first two weeks of our cottage stay I endured the extreme heat and accomplished building my first complete structure - a shed. This will be used to store firewood, bikes, lawn mower and tiller liberating the workshop area in the bunkie for.... well a workshop!

Plan as I may, my lack of experience seems to collide with my best intentions and to a master craftsman this shed would be less than perfection. I however am really pleased with the outcome! The real test will be how in endures a winter storm! (the tree house is still solid!!)


Have you ever seem a builder in PJs? Ahhh the cottage life.

The heat is killing me, good thing I got that outdoor shower going!

Getting closer!

All the walls are framed!

Roof rafters in place

Almost complete -
we have ordered the steel roof and then a couple of doors and some trim and we will be done.


No comments:

Post a Comment