Sunday, July 6, 2014

2014 Week 1 cottage

This week has been a busy one at cottage getting things setup for summer !

Some of the chores:

Cutting grass (it was 2-3 feet tall)
Fortunately I have a lawn mower given to me years ago as a barter for using our cottage by a long time member of my men's group. I have been using this old beater for 6 years and it refuses to die!!!

Life hack... Only buy Briggs and Stratten engines!!

Next up deal with crazy mosquito situation by buying and installing 8' x 8' netted gazibo on deck!

Negotiate with a neighbour to buy a 12' aluminum fishing boat for my son.
Spend day in town with Matt buying electric motor and battery- then using my trusty Briggs and Stratten powered pressure washer (courtesy of Dan Galler) help Matt power wash boat and replace rear rotted wood with fresh waterproof plywood!
Get boat to water and take a maiden voyage with Matt at the helm.

Replace rear bike tire in my wife's bike... ( got extra points for that)

Next up - the vegetable garden, again using a Briggs and Stratten powered Roto Tiller (bought for $25 at a garage sale up here years ago) this 30 year old beast turns over the garden in no time! I use this for about a 1/2 hour a year, it always starts and it is just fabulous!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment